Platinum home insurance

Privilege Platinum home insurance is perfect for households with more belongings (or just more expensive belongings). It offers higher levels of buildings and contents cover, for complete peace of mind.

It also includes additional benefits such as covering your personal possessions when you’re out and about, accidental damage for your buildings and contents plus bicycles (£1,000 limit), and many more as standard.

What it covers

Contents insurance

Man on a sofa
  • Up to £100,000 cover for contents in the home, garage and summer house/shed
  • New-for-old cover for household goods (in the case of mobile phone replacements, these will be replaced with a Grade A refurbished phone that comes with a 12 month warranty)
  • For any part of a matching set or suite that is damaged and can’t be repaired or replaced, we’ll replace the entire set as new
  • Replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen
  • Covers cash in your home up to £500
  • Up to £2,500 cover for contents in your garden
  • Unlimited frozen food cover (even for that kilo of king prawns)
  • Business equipment up to £10,000
  • Contents cover increased by 10% around special events, such as Christmas and wedding
  • Up to £3,000 to cover the cost of downloaded media including films and music
  • 24-hour emergency helpline

Buildings insurance

  • Unlimited buildings cover for the cost of rebuilding your home and any outbuildings – from simple sheds to opulent orangeries
  • Cover for accidental damage to your home
  • For any part of a matching fixed bathroom or kitchen suite that is damaged and cannot be repaired or replaced, we’ll replace the entire set as new
  • Alternative accommodation cover if your home is made uninhabitable by an insured event (limits apply)
  • Up to £5,000 to find and access the source of water and oil leaks
  • 24-hour emergency helpline
Get a quote

Additional benefits

Personal possessions

Insure your belongings outside the home, or even while sunning yourself on holiday.

We’ll cover the following anywhere in the UK and for up to 60 days elsewhere in the world:

  • Valuables up to £4,000
  • Accidental loss
  • Accidental damage
  • Theft
  • Money up to £500
  • Bicycles up to £1000

Accidental damage

Protect your home and its contents with accidental damage cover:


  • Accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitaryware
  • Drilling through a pipe or wall


  • Damage caused by spilling paint on your carpet or furniture
  • Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment (so you won’t be without your games console for long)

Home emergency

Get access to a 24-hour service for emergency repairs to your home.

We'll make sure a reliable, qualified tradesman does the repairs, with the aim to make your home safe and secure. We'll also cover your costs for labour, call out and parts up to £500 for emergencies such as:

  • Central heating failures
  • Electrical power going out
  • Front door lock breakages

Policy documents

A man reading a book

Policy documents

Just answer a few simple questions and you'll have access to copies of our home insurance policy documents

Get your documents
Woman looking through books on shelf, underneath a sign saying Home Insurance FAQs
  • How much am I covered for?

    Buildings – This section of your policy provides either cover up to £1,000,000, or unlimited cover (depending on the policy you’ve chosen).

    However, there are some properties that may not be eligible for this cover, and we would need to discuss these with you individually. These include properties with:

    • 6 bedrooms or more
    • Listed status
    • A year of build before 1760
    • A rebuild cost of more than £1,000,000 (not applicable to unlimited).

    Contents - These are the items that you would normally take with you when you move. Things like carpets, curtains, furniture, electrical appliances, valuables, clothing and personal effects. Your 'contents sum insured' amount should cover the current replacement cost of these items.

    Our website quotes are an estimate based on the size of your property. However, this is only a guide and you should check this amount carefully.

  • How do I cancel my Privilege home insurance policy?
    Call us on 0345 246 8534 to talk about cancelling your policy.
  • Are my belongings covered outside the home or when I go on holiday?

    They are if you take out Personal Possessions cover (included with Platinum home insurance).

    When added to our standard home contents policy we’ll cover your personal belongings (including up to £500 for money) against theft, loss or accidental damage anywhere in Britain, as well as up to 60 days abroad.

    Any individual items worth more than £2,000 must be named on the policy. Bicycles are covered, up to £500 on our standard policy and £1000 on our Platinum policy.

    Personal Possessions cover is included on our Privilege Platinum Home Contents policy. Your personal belongings (including up to £1,000 for money) are covered against theft, loss or accidental damage anywhere in Britain, as well as up to 60 days abroad.

    Any individual items worth more than £4,000 must be named on the policy. Bicycles are covered, up to £1,000.

    If you have a bicycle which costs more than the limits above you can list individual bikes up to £3,000 per bike. The total for all your named bikes can’t go over £6,000.

  • How do I change the address on my home policy?
    Call us on 0345 246 8534 to change your address.
  • Is my PC covered?

    Our home insurance covers the cost of your computer if stolen (up to £2,000 with our standard policy and up to £4,000 with our Platinum policy).

    You can also add accidental damage cover to our standard home insurance policy (it’s already included with our Platinum policy).